Wednesday 30 October 2013

Tasha's Musings About. . . Loneliness

The thing about loneliness that is deceiving to me, is the name. I mean just look at the word, the root of it is the word "Lone," which signifies that loneliness comes about because you are alone. Which if you're reading this now you're probably thinking obviously, that is the point is it not? But this is not always the case.

Let me put it to you this way, have you ever been at a party or in school, work or University surrounded by people, or even friends whom you love and still felt unequivocally and absolutely alone? You're not physically alone, you're surrounded by people so how could you possibly be lonely? But you very easily can! Now I am no expert in human psyche or psychology but I know that it is so easy to feel alone in today's society, to know that there are people who love and care for you, whom are only a message away, but to not be able to send that message as a sense of loneliness so strong takes place that you feel like there is no one in the world who could possibly understand you...That you and you alone are the only one on this whole planet who could possibly understand how you are feeling. This is loneliness!


Sometimes it's worst that this, sometimes you simply do not know why you feel lonely or alone...You just, do!


There is a line from the movie "A Cinderella Story," which I feel truly sums up what I am trying to say in the usual complex Tasha way, but it is basically this "I can be surrounded by a sea of people and still feel all alone,"

So where I'm going with this whole thing is that you do not have to be physically alone to feel lonely. It's perfectly normal to feel alone sometimes. It's perfectly normal to feel like you are the only person in the whole world who understands you, and maybe you are but that doesn't mean you shouldn't let people try to!

Here's what I've learned in my short time on this Earth,life and opportunities will not come to you, you must seize them! If you feel like you are alone please remember there are millions of people on this beautiful planet all of whom have or will feel alone and lonely at some point in their lives, you are not alone. I'm not alone!

As horrible as the feeling is, it is inevitable! (Unfortunately) But just remember in life there will be good times and bad times, happy and sad times and sometimes you will feel like the loneliest person in world, but hang in there kid you're never, ever alone!

And so to finish and to show it's not all doom and gloom, I want to leave you with one more quote from Babe Ruth that's also used in "A Cinderella Story,"


Thank you so much for reading! ♥ Until next time my lovelies stay safe, enjoy life and remember you are not alone,


Tasha

3 comments:

  1. I love it! This is exactly how I've been feeling lately, the stuff I told you about yesterday, I know some do understand, but not really at the same time... and people I love are just a message away, but sometime that feeling will stop me. Amazing post Tash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so, so much Kimi!! And thank you so much for taking the time to comment, you're also officially my first ever comment :) It's always that little feeling in your gut that stops you reaching out to people, I know exactly how that feels! Thanks again ♥

    ReplyDelete